Thursday 2 October 2014

Happy Birthday to me BFF 50 today lmbo

Wednesday (& Thursday further down)

I am still running a day behind, it's just been one of those weeks.

I was awake at 4am, thanks Tinnitus so I lay in bed with the 2 cats, tossing and turning until 6 when I thought enough was enough... Time to bring in the big guns


Coffee and plenty of it.
Was wonderful I had a couple of hours to myself after moving like a ninja throughout the flat.

Managed to do a bit more of my OU Course then I heard the tiny footsteps...

After breakfast, Toast & Marmite with Tea for the girls and another coffee for me we cracked on with the Osmosis experiment.


After patting dry with kitchen roll the final weight of the saline experiment was 42g and the boiled water was 53g .
So we investigated how Osmosis and indeed Reverse Osmosis helps in our daily lives with examples from cleaning our water to wrinkly skin if you stay in the bath too long? (not so sure about this one), and of course Fybogel which draws water to the intestine and gut helping with both constipation and diarrhea...

Have to say getting that digital scales has made me want to redo the 1st Experiment, my potato was twice as large as everyone else's which totally screwed up my graph and I can't believe we used the old scales to weigh it, so I think we will redo that experiment shortly.

We put a couple of our carnations and celery stalks into 2 glasses and added some food colouring and water.



Then placed the glasses on the front room windowsill to get the sun.
That lasted all of 5 minutes before Lilly (cat) decided to push one over.
So a quick dash with the carpet cleaner and a refill, then placed them high up on the very top shelf where she definitely can't get them.

CARNATIONS ARE TOXIC TO CATS so the rest are behind lock and key...

Thursday!!!    

Caught up at last!!! Phew

Ok so no movement with the carnations, so we cut the stems at an angle added more food colouring and some warm water. Watch this space...

Things moving at a hectic pace now, preparing for Shazzy's birthday at the week end. Speaking of birthdays, have to say:

      HAPPY BIRTHDAY 

To my BFF who's looking good for 50 ;) Love ya forever gf













BFF making Shazzy's cake for Saturday, can't wait to see it :)
Hmmm wonder what it will be........
OMG have seen it AMAZING!!!!!!!! 
So we are having a double celebration on Saturday!!!  Whoop Whoop!!!

Anyway back to today. Have ordered 3 box sets of a certain Lego game for the birthday girl, buy 2 get 3rd free so saved £30 from Argos, somebody is going to be well happy!

Caught up with the old bird had a quick celebration, just getting ready for a long week-end ;)





No comments: