Thursday 4 December 2014

Charles Babbage, Java, Variables and Frozen

Yeah! Caught up at last! At the moment Big is hard at it with her Maths, she is doing amazingly well, then after English we might venture into town and pay some bills, get some groceries and see what reading and learning treasures are to be had at the charity shops.

Unfortunately I had to resuscitate the computer yet again this week, how it's still going is beyond me, it's ancient.
(While it's a beautiful piece of engineering, it's actually not a computer. It's a calculator. Charles Babbage did design a mechanical computer)
I best shake a leg, have given up on the parcel turning up or getting a response to the Emails and screenshots sent, tempted to name the company but I will give them a week and see what occurs, then I might give them a Tweet ;)
Apparently it is -1 today Brrrr 

Wednesday
Waited in all day for a parcel that didn't arrive, apparently they had tried to deliver on the 2 previous days so I emailed to say I would wait in and they didn't even have the courtesy to respond. So it was a stay at home study day, well the weather was awful so it gave us the chance to catch up on a few things.
Unfortunately the phone is still broken so wasn't able to make any calls or receive and texts, it's showing 14 missed calls and countless unread texts, it's impossible to do anything with, I think I accidentally deleted a vital part when I was trying to tune it up Ooops...
Small (Ariels new name plagerised from a very clever friend) is taking photos and making Christmas Cards to send to her friends and Big is doing her favorite subject Maths (the dreaded numberline )at the moment giving me time for a cuppa and a quick update.
 What you can see below is c & p from the Wordpress blog that I have just started hence the funny looking text (Will link when I fill it out a bit and have a clue what I'm doing).
TUESDAY
Today I had to go back to the hospital for a hearing catch up, need the aids adjusted so probably be back there on Friday. The Tinnitus is still as loud as ever but touch wood since HE the Hyperacusis seems to be behaving itself at the moment.
Also tried to make an appointment for the Sleep Clinic. Long story. Anyway waiting to hear back on that one.
Small is on Studyladder at the moment so I am grabbing a quick cuppa then back to the grind. Big is watching Paddington.

I’m on week 3 of Part 2 Teaching Computing and trying to learn coding using Khan Academy, was going quite well until I hit variables, seemed to have a brain block anyway some of the kind teachers on my computing course have sent me some links (Thank You) So as soon as I get time I will be watching some coding for dummies videos, I have to crack this, I will crack this!!!
Well it appears the weather has changed for the worse, considering Saturday was like a summers day. Today was absolutely freezing and I had plenty of layers on.
So it’s time to call out the big guns, start wearing the BIG arctic winter coat complete with furry hood.
That’s the great thing about being ancient, fashion? What fashion :D
Monday 
We had to go to Kingston and then back for more bloods. It was a  long day and I forgot to put the casserole on before I went out so that didn’t happen until 4, but as usual it was delicious when ready.
The girls had baked potato and pigs in blankets, we popped into the local Waitrose to see if we could get an Organic Cob but no joy and spotted the sausages wrapped in bacon on special offer. They were delicious!
Big went off to nannies for the night, tomorrow they are off to see Paddington Bear at the cinema, and Small jumped in with me and the cats, she doesn't like sleeping by herself, well she is only Small.

Don't forget to do your Hour of Drawing with code o.0 Using Khan (Great resource) 



Also learning Intro into JS: Drawing and Animation


Ok this is my dinner creation (Don't laugh) you can vaguely make out the fish, chips, peas and ketchup....
The Variables are another matter, thankfully on my Teaching Computing course, some of the wonderful teachers have given me some links so I can learn coding for Dummies.....  Thanks guys really appreciate it!!

Sunday Winter Wonderland

Had an exhausting but amazing day. Left home early to get there for the 12pm Kickoff and it was already in full swing by the time we arrived. We spoke to the Town Crier, seen the Mayor of Merton http://www.lovewimbledon.org/news/wimbledon-winter-wonderland-2014/ and Small had her picture taken with a snowman on stilts.
Unbelievably I had put the camera battery onto charge and left without putting it in the camera but luckily after all the fun we went and had food with the family and some pictures were taken there. Enjoy.
Small as Elsa





Enjoy your day!!




No comments: